Since it’s getting close to Halloween I felt the need to give y’all a list of horror movies that are good if you’re a horror movie fan. WARNING: If horror movies scare you then I advise you to not read this post or scroll down to view the pics. I know some people don’t like to see scary stuff.
- Halloween 1-5: Most of you probably have seen the whole Michael Myers series. This series is definitely a classic and my favorite!! It’s funny cause Michael Myers used to scare me when I was younger. Anyways if you haven’t it’s about a psycho killer that brutally killed his family when he was six years old so he ends up in a mental facility for 15 years. He escapes a mental facility and comes out every Halloween to kill anyone that comes in his path.
- Nightmare on Elm Street 1-4: This series is a classic and most people know the famous Freddy or maybe heard the nightmare song from his movie. If you haven’t watch it I’ll explain what it is about. It’s about a man that’s named Freddy Krueger that haunts teens in their nightmares and kills them in real life.
- Drag Me to Hell: This movie was so good and had a plenty of unexpected parts in it. In the movie, it’s a young woman named Christine works at a bank. She denies an old woman’s request for an extension on her home loan. To get revenge on Christine the lady places a curse on her, threatening her soul with eternal damnation.
- Scream: This series never disappoints you! It’s always a new killer at the end of every movie. Basically, it’s about this woman named Cindy that gets tormented by this same killer throughout each movie. Trust me it’s not boring or cliché. Like I said in each series it’s a new killer in every movie which brings the twist into it.
- Skeleton Key: If you like movies that are about voodoo or witchcraft (a black religious cult practiced in the Caribbean and the southern US that involves Roman Catholic ritual with traditional African magical and religious rites/spirit possession) this is the perfect movie for you! Anyways this movie is about a nurse that lives in New Orleans that decides to be a caretaker in the Bayou for an elderly woman to help take care of her sick husband. After staying there for a while she learns that they are hiding a dark secret.
- Chucky/ Child’s Play Series: Well if you are a sucker for killer doll movies you’ll love watching Chucky. This series started off as Childs Play then the creator started making sequels, later on, to go with it. To be honest I don’t think Chucky is scary because he’s more of a comedian in his movies even though he is evil. Chucky is a killer doll that has a soul of this dangerous serial killer.
- Friday the 13th Series: Let me tell you this it’s plenty of movies in this series that revolve around the killer name Jason. This series started in the 80s which would make it a classic along with Halloween, Child’s play, and Nightmare on Elm Street. Jason is a killer that got drowned when he was younger at camp Crystal Lake due to the staff slacking on their job. So to get revenge he kills anyone that steps foot on camp Crystal Lake.
So that sums up movies that you should watch for Halloween. If you have seen or going to watch any of these movies let me know what you think about them. I can do a part two of this post if yall are interested in more horror movies maybe you haven’t seen. On this post, I just decided to give you a short list of my favorites. Oh yeah, If its hard for you to see some of the titles in the collage I can give you the names of them in the comment section.
© Reflection of Desi 2016
© Featured Image: Google Images