Studying isn’t always fun, but we have to do it now and then. We all know it helps to study for a test because you’re likely to pass it. I’m not saying that it’s necessary for every situation, but it does give good results. Maybe the tips that you will read down below will make it easier for you to gain good study habits now or in the future.
1. Find a Quiet Area: This is an important tip. Studying in a quiet area helps your brain process information better. It would be hard to study in a noisy area because it knocks off your concentration. A quiet area could be the library, bathroom (yes, I said bathroom), closet… etc.
2. Use Flash Cards: Flashcards come in handy when you have to learn new vocabulary words to learn definitions to. Put the vocabulary word on the blank side of the card. On the side with the lines write the word definition. You can get a pack of flash cards in a dollar store (Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar), Wal-Mart, and Staples. Honestly, it could be any store you can buy school supplies from.
3. Make up silly ways to remember info: Let’s be real when you come up with silly/creative ways to remember anything it sticks in your mind faster. Also, it’s easier to remember the material you studied for your test. This could be in the form of a song, video, drawing…etc. If you think about it this is another way to make studying fun.
4. Study with someone else: Studying isn’t the most fun thing ever. Why not study with someone else to make it exciting? This tip is only useful if both of you are serious about studying. I mean it doesn’t always have to be serious all the time, but you don’t want to waste your time studying with a friend or classmate without learning anything for the quiz or test coming up. Make sure the information you’re studying is the correct information for the quiz or test.
5. Take Breaks: You don’t need to strain your brain too much. Taking 10 minutes breaks throughout studying is fine. It helps your brain relax from all the information you were going over. Sometimes when you study too long without taking a break it can mess up your concentration or maybe give you a headache. Don’t overwork yourself.
6. Listen to music with headphones: Listening to music while studying is relaxing. Especially if you have special headphones to use. They can block out any outside noise. The best headphones are Bluetooth headphones. They are comfy on your ears and easy to move around with. If you don’t believe me click here to read the article about the best Bluetooth headphones. No one wants to use a pair of uncomfortable headphones while they’re trying to study while listening to music right?
All of these tips will help you if you put it to good use. Everything in this post is from my experience. If any of these tips help you let me know.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
© Reflection of Des 2017